Thursday, October 26, 2006

Someone . . . .

The FIRST time I saw HER – I was smitten. She was pretty, exotic, beautiful, so damn well-proportioned & she had “fantastic” written all over her. She had everything in her that I always looked for. EVERYTHING.
I wanted her. Period. Anyhow.

But, I just did not have the courage to go ahead. For weeks, I used to intentionally pass by her daily. I stopped & stared unabashedly at her beauty every time. I soon realized that I wasn’t the only one who had fallen for her. I had competition – fierce competition. Ther were many vying for her attention.

I soon realized I’ll have to move fast. I took it to the next level – no I still didn’t go to her – I spoke to my parents about her. I even showed them her photograph – YES!! I had somehow managed to get her photograph. She looked so stunning in the photograph – yet it was but a mere shadow in comparison to the real her.

I finally took dad to see her. He kinda liked her too. I was relieved. I sensed my wait coming to an end. Dad spoke to her guardian. I had my fingers crossed.

Finally – it was all over. Dad was good at these things.

People sometimes wait for what seems a lifetime for such a time in their lives. My wait had ended.

On the first day of the Hindu New Year, we brought her home.
Our 40 inch Sony LCD Television. Hell Yeah ! !

No comments:

Rate this Post