Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Format : Bullets and Numbering

  • I have stopped making plans for outings with friends. It is much better than making plans and then cancelling.

  • Have become incredibly assertive at work . Am shooting off mails which rattle up people the way a rattlesnake in your soup would rattle you . Got into a sharp debate with my manager last week .Took apart an office boy who was taking his time checking if my courier had come in. Diving to a deeper level , I am tired of people walking all over me , and I am letting them know I don't like it . And bad news for them , I am liking letting them know .

  • I am transforming into a workaholic . The types who have their cars in the office parking lot when all the other ones have left, whose cabin lights are switched on when lights of the the whole bulding are off. Have worked on 10 out of the 20 weekends since November 2007 . Monday is no more a scary day . I send out office mails almost every Sunday . Two weeks ago , sent a mail to boss at 1.50 am . He stamped into my cabin next morning and insisted that I get a girlfriend. Not that I want to be on the cover of Time . But I like working .

  • I regret not helping a kid who wanted help with her school farewell speech . I said I will help out , then totally lost track of that . I have cancelled dinner with R atleast 6 times in the last 2 weeks. If they had a record for the number of promises broken , my picture would be in the Guiness Book . Front cover . Full color.

  • I love my family more than anything and will stab for them . A female at my office called me a mama's boy when she heard me saying "Will leave office in 10 minutes , ma" on phone . I said "Yeah , I am a mama's boy . I love my mom . And I totally understand it if people from your side of the world eat their mothers , but we dont .We love them all our lives." I actually said that . If you ever needed to understand what a stunned woman looks like , you should have been there .

  • Why does everybody in the conference room laugh when the big boss cracks an intended joke ? I did not find it funny . A funeral is more funny than his joke was . But the guy on my left slapped the table twice and roared . Another one could not stop giggling for a complete forty seconds . I mean , was it in the terms and agreement when they joined ?

  • Some time ago , a friend of mine , who seems to be a male from what I know of him , commented that I am a lovable person . I still have not decided if that is to be classified as a compliment or a gayish attempt at molestation .

  • I have started speaking like my boss. "I will only ask WHY ?" and "I don't care a Fuck" being my most used sentences with "I dont want to hear the process. Show me the result" coming a close second. Of course i get to hear them from my Boss atleast 3 times more than i speak them, but.... I dont care a Fuck !

  • 5 months in the new job. And I am almost into the habit of thinking in bullets . I think you have an idea of that.

5 comments:

K said...

Help: Detect and Repair..
1)Friends still wait n miss u at outings
2)Assertiveness is a good.
3)i)Work is Great.
ii)Passion for work is greater.
iii)Money is GREATEST.
4)Mama's boy is awesome..n so is gf's man...so dinners' on this saturay?
5)When the boss cracks wht he calls a joke.It is.Laugh.period.
6)Assignment:Plan Leh-Keep the itienary in bullets.

Unknown said...

dude... i so can relate with this blog... yesterday was the day when i ripped apart almos everyone at work.. even my manager... happens!!! :)

Deepak Singh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepak Singh said...

nice work dude..... remind me of the office culture that is developing now a days ....

Very soon the species of donkeys will not required, as we all will be replacing them.... thanks to donkeys work that people do now a days....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rate this Post