Thursday, May 28, 2009

101 - Unfinished Beginnings & A Fresh Start

This is my 101st post !!! yay …. Congratulations to me !!

I was wondering for the longest time what exactly to write in this post – should it be specifically dedicated to completing 100 posts or should it be a regular post of mine, with no mention of the completion of 100 posts. And, if it has to be a regular post – what exactly do I write. Considering that I ve been very frequently blogging the last few months, I was going through a mini blogger’s block !

And then I decided upon what to write.

Unfinished Beginnings

Many a time, I begin writing something, but it loses steam midway. If I still think its worth keeping, I don’t delete it. Sometimes I manage to make a full post out of them, sometimes they just stay in my pc unfinished. Here, I ll post all those unfinished beginnings…….

1.Sometime in 2007
The internet is a major obstacle to what I need in order to come up with a post, namely a couple of hours of peace and quiet. And this just cannot happen if GTalk is buzzing with pings and someone constantly writes on your wall, or someone compared you to their friends and decided you have less mother potential. This is why Shakespeare was so successful. Seriously, if you think about it, all the great writers were around only when there was no Internet. Then the 90s arrived, the World Wide Web was invented, and BAM! We’re left with Chetan Bhagat.

Nevertheless, every now and then, there’s something I see or hear that I just HAVE TO blog about, and so I shut out all connectivity with the rest of the world and sit down to type. Like, for example, the end of 2007. I felt I just had to write a year summary and so, I started typing, “By most accounts, 2007 was a fascinating year. These accounts are, to use the correct technical term, wrong. Schoolboys of the future, when they read about 2007 in their history books, will regard it with a great deal of affection, because it will be the shortest chapter. And also because it will feature pictures of Britney Spears without her underwear.”

2.A Few Questions

What the hell am I doing here!???
Where am I going with my life!?!
Am I the only one without a life?
Am I the only one who is not getting married?
Can I be in love with two people at once?
Am I the only one who does not know what the f*** they talk about at work??
When is Friday coming along?
Do I really HAVE to work out?
Has my life come to such a point that THIS is what I'm thinking of?
Does there have to be a Monday after a Sunday?
Who says Harry Potter is for kids??
When is the next free breakfast/lunch/anything...?
Will I get up in time for work?
When do I get to have sex??
Am I losing a day of my life each day that I work?
Have the rules of courtship changed?
Have I aged instantaneously??
If I walk in a Hawaii shirt will people stare?
How much time before I understand something?
How much time to go for 6:30 ?
How much time before I hit the ill fated 30's?
What's the time!???
How many weeks before I have some real plans for the weekend?
Has life in the 20's lost its glamour?
Is this who I really am?


3.Random Stuff
Since the beginning of time, Mankind has always had a tremendous fascination for balls. They just can’t seem to leave them alone, or let them be, so to speak. They feel the need to constantly play with them, scratch at them, rub them or just plain hold them. Womankind also is known to perform all of these activities, but less frequently and only during particularly intimate moments. Mankind, on the other hand, shamelessly does it whenever the opportunity presents itself. At work, at play, at weddings, at funerals, you name the place and Mankind will be there, scratching.

4.An Unfinished Poem

I know you do not drink you morning tea with me anymore,
Why then do I still search for the tea stains of your mug on my floor ?

I know you do not talk with me anymore,
When then do I still wait for your replies to my questions galore ?

I know you do not ring my doorbell anymore,
Why then, everytime it rings, do I feel its you and always you at the door ?

We have not walked together in a long time,
Why then, at each step I take, do I feel your fingers entwined in mine ?



A Fresh Start

Ok – so that’s done. That’s all I had .

There’s a new blog – Straight From the Heart that a friend of mine n I have started. It will feature stories, snippets, poetries, shayries and other things of that sort.

Please read it regularly & comment on it more often than you do here !

--------------xx------------xx--------------xx------------xx--------

Celeb Sightings - Dedicated, as always, to Chili

Anu Malik (or Aannu Mallik, however it is spelt): He was at Mangi Ferra, Juhu for a "Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi Karega" First show party
There were many other TV actors who i did not recognise.

Ayaan Ali Bangash: Again at Mangi Ferra for dinner

Rajeev Masand: My fave movie critic - saw him outside Famous Studios, where my office is.

--------xx-----------xx------------xx-------------xx---------xx-----

Quotable Quotes

You talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.

The greatest conflicts are not between 2 people, but between one person and himself.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are either being constantly proven right or being pleasantly surprised.

For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these – “it might have been”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngratulations dude..on ur 101st post..i jus hope many more to follow and more frequently...

Enjoyed reading ur unfinished blogs (especially the unfinished poem)...and wonder "how it might have been" had they been completed..

viju said...

congratulations on completin ur century...liked the idea of postin those unfinished stuff....gues i ll do that sum day too....the poem n questions were a gud read....

Amogh said...

Nice thing to finish "Unfinished Beginnings".

"Has my life come to such a point that THIS is what I'm thinking of?" - good one.

Most questions you mentioned are eternal, i guess ...

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

paxil

Rate this Post