Monday, July 28, 2008

Maut . . . Zindagi ke liye zaroori hai yeh !

D E A T H.

Bad word , hai na ? Ma says its a bad word. Papa says don’t say it. Its a bad word. Death , nah , don’t talk about it , chup paagal. Even in the movies, the heroine places her finger on the hero's lips before he can complete the sentence and whispers "Kabhi marne kee baat matt karna. Aisa nahee kehte".

But, its coming yaar. Death. It will happen. To me. To you.

Acchha yaar , now stop yelling "manhoos" , chup chaap baat sun. What if I were to die after half an hour. I shall never be able to feel ma's palm on my forehead again. I shall never hear R’s voice again, nor hear all my friends saying “kitna mota ho gaya hai tu. Kuch kar”. I shall never be able to tell dad that even though I always try to act smart , he is the greatest guy I have ever known. I shall never be able to tell the departmental store guy that I stole 3 eggs from his shop yesterday. Ok , dont dial 100 , the eggs wala part is not true. How could you imagine that, me and stealing eggs ? I am a vegetarian. I steal carrots and dhania.

But seriously , death scares me. It scares me to be away from my loved ones. It scares me to die without doing all the things I want to do. It scares me that I may die. But death is real. And I may die after a year. I may die tomorrow after office, if I do end up leaving office. I may die before I complete this post.( But now that I have published it , I did not die before completing it,right ? Soch ke dekh ).

Now you may smirk and say "arre yaar , aise thode hee koee mar jaata hai". But I have seen lives shattering in the blink of an eye. A second's delay in hitting the brakes , a leaking gas cylinder , a cycle containing a bomb parked next to you, a desperate and armed domestic help . . . is enough to change your life in a radical way , before you can say "maar daala". And not like Madhuri said it in Devdas.

But the point is not to be scared of dying. The point is to be scared of dying without really living.

I see around me. I see people I care for. I see myself. Sometimes I see us all sad .I see us clinging to bad memories , things which we cannot change , things which still hurt us , things which make tears flow down their cheeks. I know we are hurt and not stupid and have reasons to feel sad. But life is not forever. Life is nothing but a limited number of moments gifted to us by god. And each moment is slipping by. Right now , a moment just passed by me , and took me closer to death , leaving me with lesser time to smile ,to crack some poor joke , to see my ma laugh , to see a friend find the happiness she deserves , to be a good person ,to make someone smile , to live. And the very thought of letting such a precious moment drown in a tear leaves me restless. Why do we people hurt each other , when this life may not be long enough to love each other ?

Maybe you need to know that you may never get a chance to be the good man you could have been. Maybe you need to know that the moment you have been waiting for to tell her how much you love her may never arrive. Maybe you need to know that you may never have the time to wipe off the tears you are causing today. Maybe you need to know that death is a surprisingly unexpected reality. Maybe you need to start living the life you should.

I know I know , I am saying nothing new. But life and the things it does to people and the things people do to it continue to amuse me. In short , ek baat bolta hun , all of us should respect and enjoy the ride , because hamari life kee taxi mein petrol kabhi bhi khatm ho sakta hain. And marne ke baad , you cant even fight with the cab driver. So smile , khush raho , muskurao , jeeyo ,and make people smile , kyunki ..kal ho na ho. Wait a minute ..kal ho na ho..yaar ye phrase kuch suna hua nahee lagta ?

4 comments:

K said...

'useless philosophy',
aisa maine nahi...kisi friend ne kaha tha.

Unknown said...

fatte hai mk..you've put it so aptly...i guess the biggest fear that anyone faces is death..every other fear..meaning each and every other fear is just a phase of life that would pass by and one may or rather should conquer it..coz if one knows that doing something wouldn't entail death..one shouldn't be afraid of it at all..what say..

Nisha said...

Hey MK..Death only kills the body and not the soul...the only person who shud fear death is someone who hasn't found anything that would live on after his death...so its something u dont hav to worry about coz u have already conquered our little hearts.through ur wonderful blogs u r gonna live for eternity

Unknown said...

hey mk.. so true..
thats y @ every opportunity..
we must catch up..
and HIT the DANCE FLOOR..

Rate this Post