Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Tera Mujhse hai pehle se Naata Koi………

Chili: Hi

K: Hey, how was your exam ?

Now, there are some moments in life when your mind feels like the inside of a salwar kameez store full of Punjabi ladies during the annual discount store . There are some moments in life when you wish your leg was flexible enough to curve back and land a sunny deol-ish kick on your own behind bad enough to render your morning rituals ineffective for three months . There are some moments in life when you wish you could rewind life and clean up all the mistakes you did.

I know I sound like I have done something as bad as becoming an unwed daddy of twins , but what I have done is worse than that – I asked HER, THAT question

Time for some ass saving measures

K: im so sorry … I know im NOT, NEVER supposed to ask you that..
Chil: Good … By the way, I ve to tell you something. So, should I mail you, tell you right now or add it to THE list.*
(* Chili & me don’t meet often. So, she makes a list of things we need to talk and debate and discuss when we meet. THE list is sacrosanct.)

K: abhi bol

Chil: im going to USA …

K: Cool yaar, everyone is going .. A friend’s gone there for a month on vacation .. When will I go ? So, when you going, with who and for how long ?

Chil: im going for my exams. I ll be there till Feb & if everything works out, I ll get my admissions done and my 3 year course will start in June.

K: ___________________________________




For those of you ‘jinhone apne TV set derr se khole ho’, Chili is a friend so close, we get any closer and the Shiv Sainiks will go berserk. I mean , the word ‘friend’ seems as weak as an A K hangal when it comes to what she is to me . Along with my family , she is one of those very few people who I know will be around all life. And even as I type this , I can’t believe she is going away. And even though I can write her a mail about this , I want this blog to know how special she is.

Chili , I know I have been as insensitive as a paralyzed cucumber at times and an ass more than an actual ass can be , but you are one person with whom I share too many fond memories

Class 10 tuitions, Running the Mumbai Marathon … Friendship Day at Tapioca Bar (I fought the urge to post that snap online)… Our snap at the beach… The aimless chatter over coffee at various 5 star hotels - JW, Hilton, Land’s End … My proposal to you to be my back up, which you refused up front !! . . my constant , unending talks boring you regarding the girls in my life .. or should I say, in my mind .. how much I ve bored you ..Pune Highway … Me, cash & cruise … discovering Bandra .. the map that you made .. you know, whenever I get lost in Bandra, I ll think of you !!
The book we planned & the rocking format .. I even saved all you messages to me …
The list of the number of times and dates when we’ve met … I need to have a copy of that before you go …
The 2 books that I ve gifted to you and the fact that you acknowledge them as the best gifts ever – im glad and happy that im the one who gave you those gifts..
Our “lets be RJs” thing …. Flavours, th movie .. and how the 2 characters ekdum resemble the way we are...
The way u start most of you sentences with "Arrrre .....", "See, the way i look at it..." or "Let me put it this way...."
The one message you sent to me, saying i was one of your most favourite people - i will treasure it till i lose my cell phone....
The "girl on th moon" paper weight u ve given me ... the "official best friend" card i ve given you...

I guess they can make a seventy episode soap opera about our time together. and, i ve enough material for another 70 episodes .. but i ll have another blogpost for that ..

So now, to always remember you, I will get the date of your birthday & the date u will be leaving tattooed on my arm in permanent ink even if it makes my arm look like a reminder pad . I will go around telling everyone you are a Miss India finalist even if you put on weight . I will buy you a huge exotic pizza and a gelato you like when you come to India even if you don’t want to eat . I will be there on every special day of your life from your next birthday to the birthdays of your grandkids even if I have seven meetings lined up on the day. I will tell my wife your smile is dazzling enough to light up all the railway stations in Mumbai even if she goes green and calls up her lawyer.

And I am so sorry for being so stupid even if you say you are not angry.

Let me say something i ve wanted to......

I WILL MISS YOU…. BIG TIME.

5 comments:

sst said...

Man K,
U write your blogs with words which are not normal words.What do u put in them.I have become a die-hard fan of your writing.
As for chili, i dont know her,nor your friendship but it feels as if i m gonna miss her too.(After reading your post of course)
What with gtalk, webcam etc she'll be around.So dont worry.Right chili.

Anushree said...

hey K..... U r so back ..!!. I love your blogs.. I love reading them whenever I am feeling lonely.. which I do quite often these days..!!..

I know I haven't posted a comment on any of those in a longgg time... but here is one ...

this blog is so awesome... I agree with sonicat, will miss chili...all that you've written reminds me of the times I have spent with my close friends back in India.. I wish I could go back right now and get those golden days back.....Feeling very nostalgic.... :(

but.. you don't worry K..

wo jo bichhadte hain.. ek na ek din phir mil jate!!!

So.. keep smiling..always.!! :-)

Vivek said...

First i was not reading this blog but of late i have been reading this blog and i tell people out there that this is one of the best blogs i have been visiting

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am Richa from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Richa
Blog Editor- SiliconIndia

Anonymous said...

dude...ur blog seems direct dil se...and d title seems very apt...reminds me of dil chahta hai....

Rate this Post