Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In response to “tera mujhse hai pehle se nata koi”

I’ll begin with the fact that my brother doesn’t approve of me responding publicly to this post (I’m sorry ) but its something I’d impulsively told K I would do and so here it is (Yes I know I’m late but atleast I’m writing it now…)

First of all, it was shocking to a) See details of my personal life put up b) Read that K draws comparisons with women buying salwar kameez-when did you get the golden opportunity to witness that???

Well the friendship K and I share is unique. People have neighbourhood friends, school friends, college friends, work friends/colleagues, net/chat pals; in Mumbai there is even the concept of train friends . But we don’t fit into any logical category. There was a time when our friendship was on a “break” and we hadn’t interacted for about a year-but we were able to pick up where we’d left off. We’re as different as chalk and cheese-our only common ground being our obsession with the entertainment industry. In spite of all of that, we’ve managed to be friends, seen each other transform from teenagers to adults to professionals. This is the reason why it is special.

But please note-K EXAGGERATES and he used to HATE me at one point of time (yup, these are his words verbatim). Our life is too boring to make even a 21 minute episode. We rarely celebrate our respective birthdays together. Miss India finalist-what was that about-since when did either of us start emphasizing on external appearances? Also, I don’t LOVE pizza, what made you think I want pizza everytime I’m back (which may be sooner than you expect).
Lastly, in any friendship, personal (family, spouse, kids) or professional life will always take over. But if it’s a priority, it’ll last and I hope that K and me continue to be great friends. Yup, I’m missing you too…

@Sonicat-yes I’m gonna be around and I’m quite taken aback by your comment.

P.S.: Do you remember the Troy episode and how such inconsequential things governed our life at that time…

Posted by Sentimental Fool

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch..... & Thanks !!

Gayatri said...

You know I normally don't post comments on blogs; but this one, I just had to. And all I can say is "hmmm"

sst said...

Hey chili,
U need not be taken aback by my previous comment.I meant to say k's writing has so much depth that i felt i knew u both and your friendship even though i dont.Its great to have such a friend in your life who will miss you.Cheers to both of u.

As for how friendship happens is a huge mystery.I knew k for 5 years of college life.Just knew his name and that he was a ranker in college.Almost never spoke to him in past 7-8 years.

Technically we r not school,coll, class,net,train friends. We r blog-bonded friends.We came into contact when both of us started reading each other's blogs.New way to make friends isn't it? And i enjoy reading our Mr future novelist's blog. What say chili?

Rate this Post