Monday, June 09, 2008

Discovering soft toys..

The thrill of working next to the Hypercity mall, Goregaon West, and being free at the same time is something only a girl will understand.
And I spared no free second to enjoy this thrill.

I ventured into Hypercity yesterday looking out for random things (most girls call it window shopping, but with the mall culture, this term should be derecognized) .
I spent almost an hour in the ladies wear section. And bought nothing.
Another half an hour in the ladies shoe section. Tried everything on, bought nothing.

And just when I decided to call it a day, I stumbled across the soft toy section.
I must have been to countless malls across Mumbai in the last couple of months, but on this particular day, when I was all alone, I was drawn to the soft toy section.

I immediately spotted a bright orange coloured fish, with big black eyes and blue fins. Then I saw a cute grey elephant with white soft tusks and large flapping white and pink ears. And then a huge hippo sitting pretty besides it caught my eye. It was HUGE and I had to contain my excitement and restrain myself from picking it up and hugging it.

I also spotted some giraffes, cows, starfish(!@#$%-not recommended), parrots in beautiful bright hues, dogs, lions, snakes and the most of animal kingdom right there. Teddy bears, I believe are things of the past. I never liked teddy bears even when I was a kid. But I never knew other soft toys then. Most of the childhood was about Barbies (at the most) and outdoor games!! I never grew up having a cuddly soft toy as a cushion or a bed full of soft toys as sleep mates. . Today I had literally discovered a world very unfamiliar to the one I was brought up in.


And now, strangely, I wish I could go back to the same childhood and have a rack full of soft toys. I strangely wish for a anything-but-teddy bear soft toy now. May be a duck or a giraffe, even a fish or that oh-so-cute hippo or the elephant would do.

This blog is as random as my thoughts can get, really..
But then again,.....what are we? but a collection of random thoughts..

By~Heartfelt

1 comment:

fatimashaikh said...

plush toy We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

Rate this Post