Monday, June 09, 2008

Romancing the monsoons… A thing of beauty is joy forever...

Last couple of weeks had not been great. I won’t elaborate the reasons. We are a frustated generation and dats reason enough.
I decided to walk to the station after office yesterday. I like the winds howling in my face, the cloudy sleepy skies, the hint of cool after a blazing burning summer.

And then it happened. Almost expectedly yet with a hint of surprise, the skies parted and the rains came gushing down. Till yesterday the rains were just playing hide n seek. But yesterday, in their full splendour and style, the monsoon made a grand entry.

My first instinct was to rush to a nearby shop shelter. I almost ran for it. Then I stopped in my tracks, ensured my cell phone was tucked safely in..n jus continued to walk…in the rains.

Rains have always had a liberating effect on me. I don’t remember enjoying the rains in school though. I always noticed the puddles never the skies.(Haha…dats almost an inspirational quote…....almost). And now, thought rains may prove a dampener to the best laid evening plans, or they may disrupt routine in our city, they are always welcome visitors.

That same evening, as if getting drenched on roads was not enough, I rushed to the terrace for a second round. It a different thing getting drenched and mud soaked on the roads, and a completely different thing getting drenched alone or with friends on your terrace. Just spread your arms, look skywards, close your eyes and surrender. It IS liberating. Trust me.

I live by the belief that Nature is God. I worship nature. I revel, am most joyous, most at peace when I am surrounded by nature. I draw solace, comfort and contentment from it. I believe nature heals.

And what better time to explore nature than now. When it is at its beautiful most? No landscape looks the same in two monsoons. Every monsoon paints a different picture each time. Every monsoon lends a new look to the land ever year. So just go out there. Even if its for a day or two.
Discover yourself anew this monsoon, coz this monsoon will not come again.
Another year, will be an another monsoon altogether....

By~Heartfelt

No comments:

Rate this Post