Sunday, June 08, 2008

Miscellaneous...

Ok, im writing after a long long gap … I had planned to write about many issues / randomt things, but never got around to writing them …

Tragedies

The China earthquake that claimed thousands & the Jaipur blasts that claimed hundreds … helps put your life in perspective. All your supposed personal tragedies, losses, sadness seem minor.

IPL

I had mentioned in an earlier blog that IPL might not work, mainly because people will have no loyalties towards a mixed nation team. I was wrong. Very wrong.

I enjoyed IPL as much as everyone in the nation. I supported the Royals (am a big fan to Warne) till the last ball & celebrated when they won …
Also, I went for 2 matches to Wankhede & had time of my life. Seeing a match in the stadium is a different feeling altogether. Nothing beats it.

The most memorable moments of the IPL were
1. Ricky Ponting congratulating, hugging & encouraging Ishant Sharma after he took a wicket. This after Ishant was Ricky’s nemesis in the recent Ind-Aus series.
2. Graeme Smith & Asnodkar batting & the camaraderie and teamsmanship between the two.
3. Jayasurya saying in the post match presentation ceremony that “this is the most memorable day of my cricketing career as I opened the batting with Sachin Tendulkar”. Priceless.
4. Cirque Du Soleil at the closing ceremony. Absolutely fantastic & applause worthy

IPL has certainly fostered feelings of friendliness among players of different nations. Balika had commented on my blog saying the same. You were spot on babe, and definitely proved me wrong !


News

Aarushi Murder... niraj grover murder ....

how can a father kill his daughter and call it honour killing (if thts the case, im too confused at what exactly conspired)

how can you have sex with someone, kill that some one with the help of another & then have sex again with that another twice when the dead body is still there at home. Gross. inexplicable.

Relationships

Unconditional love is bloody tough to have…. But that’s where I gotta reach.

Also, quoting from my current favourite song …
"Hey Aditi, jaane tu ya jaane na, phool phir khil jaate hai …."
"Hey Aditi... raat ke baad hi to savera hota hai ...."

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm not convinced Arushi was murdered for honor. But your larger point is well taken. . .indeed, how can anyone murder one of their own?

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"
http://www.redroom.com/author/ellen-r-sheeley

Rate this Post